Here are a few random facts about our dogs:
- A dog’s heart beats between 70 and 120 times a minute, compared with a human heart which beats 70 to 80 times a minute.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the smallest dog on record was a Yorkshire Terrier in Great Britain who, at the age of 2, weighed just 4 ounces.
- Dogs have sweat glands in between their paws
- During the Middle Ages, Great Danes and Mastiffs were sometimes suited with armor and spiked collars to enter a battle or to defend supply caravans
- The American Kennel Club, the most influential dog club in the United States, was founded in 1884
- Those born under the sign of the dog in Chinese astrology are considered to be loyal and discreet, though slightly temperamental
- A dog's favorite treat is an antler chew (ok, maybe we added this one)