Here are some more random dog facts:
- Dog trainers in ancient China were held in high esteem. A great deal of dog domestication also took place in China, especially dwarfing and miniaturization.
- It costs approximately $10,000 to train a federally certified search and rescue dog.
- A dog can locate the source of a sound in 1/600 of a second and can hear sounds four times farther away than a human can.
- Petting dogs is proven to lower blood pressure of dog owners.
- A person standing still 300 yards away is almost invisible to a dog. But a dog can easily identify its owner standing a mile away if the owner is waving his arms.
- Dogs have a wet nose to collect more of the tiny droplets of smelling
chemicals in the air