Tips for antler chews
Helpful tips to ensure that your dog safely enjoys an AntlerBone chew:
- Make sure your antler dog chew is large enough so that there is no possibility that your dog could choke on it.
- Check your antler chew over for any possible sharp edges. If there are any, it is easy to remove them by rubbing the sharp edge against concrete or sandpaper.
- Wash the antler chew in warm, soapy water and rinse well.
- When you give the antler chew to your dog watch him while he chews it for at least the first few times.
- Make sure your dog is gnawing on the antler instead of trying to break the antler chew in half. If he is biting down too hard on the antler, it is best to take it away.
- Take the antler bone away from your dog once it gets worn down to a small enough size that your dog could swallow / choke on it
- Do not allow your dog to chew more than an inch of the antler in a day.